2 Parties per Human is too Much

Racerx

Current limit for PvP events like Epics, Sieges, Territory Wars are 2 parties per person, should we change it?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Current limit for PvP events like Epics, Sieges, Territory Wars are 2 parties per person, should we change it?

• Yes, reduce limit to 1 party per person
    • No, leave the limit to 2 parties per person

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, Geo said:

Racer dont be mad cause you are losing. This is the truth and really dont speak for parties abuse cause your side doing it all the time and especially in AQ.

It's simple you cant do that even with 3pts or 1 vs 1 enjoy this game and stop crying for everything!.

Cheers guys 😎👊

Im not losing bro, cast your vote and wait for the GM to make a decision, i dont need 20 toons to make stuff happen ....

On 6/28/2020 at 4:31 PM, Racerx said:

I understand it took you time and effort Vote NO and wait for the GM decision, and the server will go offline if only 3 guys with 60 toons i guarantee it! so if you want to keep playing for more than 2 months think about it, because you wont get new players to a 60 toon party, but that is your opinion and i respect it . and if you leveled 4 parties i think you are using more than allowed then, and that is the reason i think 1 PT is enough keeps it balanced and fun, as you say with 1 pt you play your strategy you change between main assists depending on your situation, having all posible characters to me is not fun.

Sorry you're not having fun. I really wish I could help you out here but that would kinda be dumb on my part. Don't quit, maybe take some advice and change your tactics.

To put your mind at ease.

I've never pvp'd with more than 1 group since the start of the server. Less QA with 2.

2nd, I've never pk'd a new player. In fact, I've only helped them get going. Who pk's the new guy with a 30 toons?

Some advice - Maybe instead of assuming it's 2 dudes playing 60, petitioning the GM, and trying to get the rules changed for everyone, you should change something you're doing to get the desired result?

Have a blessed day.

P.S. I could play 100. Lets not go there, I dont have that kind of time.

I'm hoping this sensationalist spirit in aftermath of a single castle siege has some time to settle down before major changes are made. This looks like a close vote. is it gonna take a two thirds vote to make a fundamental change to the server?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erebus said:

You are losing it . . . Why I should delete anything that I obtained with more than 1 char? I am not the one asking to change the rule, those who are asking for it should start with their gains of multiboxing.

I won't even bother answering to your personal insults ofc, its boring and you are not worth it . . .

What ever bro you do you

1 hour ago, Jdub said:

Sorry you're not having fun. I really wish I could help you out here but that would kinda be dumb on my part. Don't quit, maybe take some advice and change your tactics.

To put your mind at ease.

I've never pvp'd with more than 1 group since the start of the server. Less QA with 2.

2nd, I've never pk'd a new player. In fact, I've only helped them get going. Who pk's the new guy with a 30 toons?

Some advice - Maybe instead of assuming it's 2 dudes playing 60, petitioning the GM, and trying to get the rules changed for everyone, you should change something you're doing to get the desired result?

Have a blessed day.

P.S. I could play 100. Lets not go there, I dont have that kind of time.

I am Having Fun, you are wrong to the fact that you are assuming i am not preparing to a GM decision not in my favor, i have an opinion and i am in my rigth to express it, i made a sugestion and the GM itself made a poll, and i made the suggestion because i am having fun i met new people and i like playing with them so listen to your own advice and dont go assuming, so if you or your clan or whoever does not share the the same opinion or close to it, Vote NO, i'm not able in any way or  have the power to change a rule i made a suggestion that i believe that will balance the server, not because i lost a flag or AQ, ive acomplish more than a lot of people in this server playing only 1 char + a healer + my brother, i dont need 18 toons, if this is not changed the ill adjust, or if i dont like it i will quit the server and that's that. and like you i dont have time to level 18 toons. and for you to know PK is a part of the game and a BIG part of it, so dont be surprised about people killing low lvl, or botting, or anyone just going around all maps looking to kill you or anyone that flags just for fun.

good day to you to.

Edited by Racerx

45 minutes ago, Haranguetan said:

I'm hoping this sensationalist spirit in aftermath of a single castle siege has some time to settle down before major changes are made. This looks like a close vote. is it gonna take a two thirds vote to make a fundamental change to the server?

In my Opinion this vote is just simbolic, so the GM can take a look at the big picture i dont even know if this is going to make a diference to the rules, and honestly i just wanted to express my opinion instead of complaining in clan chat or ally chat tha i think its stupid to have more thatn 1 pt in assist to 1 toon, cuz to mee the game does not feel the same, and maybe its because its my first BOT server and my first slow server in a while, i dont really know or maybe i was specting to fell like the old days.

• Toggle Staff

Wouldn't it work better if you'd make a point why a) is better than b) other then (lack for a better word) attacking a person who's making a suggestion?

The poll is too close to call, so your feedback will be very important. "You're losing" is not good feedback.

Please remember that we are all people here trying to have fun✌️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Racerx said:

In my Opinion this vote is just simbolic, so the GM can take a look at the big picture i dont even know if this is going to make a diference to the rules, and honestly i just wanted to express my opinion instead of complaining in clan chat or ally chat tha i think its stupid to have more thatn 1 pt in assist to 1 toon, cuz to mee the game does not feel the same, and maybe its because its my first BOT server and my first slow server in a while, i dont really know or maybe i was specting to fell like the old days.

I don't think this server is meant to feel like the old days. This server is different and special. I'm hearing talk about 1 character per person for castle sieges. But you can do that on any other server. Change your tactics and you, too, can find this fun like haven't seen anywhere else.

• Toggle Staff
Just now, Haranguetan said:

I don't think this server is meant to feel like the old days. This server is different and special. I'm hearing talk about 1 character per person for castle sieges. But you can do that on any other server. Change your tactics and you, too, can find this fun like haven't seen anywhere else.

I believe the talk about 1 char is just a mocking point, you shouldn't take it too seriously 🙂

• Haha 1

• Toggle Staff
1 hour ago, Erebus said:

Lets say that both options have their ups and downs and w/e arguement all can bring on the table it can't change the fact that ITEMS HAVE ALREADY BEEN OBTAINED WITH 18 LIMIT.

If you can reset that then you can change the rule, until you "can't" reset that you are "NOT ALLOWED" to change features in a 2 month live server.

P.S. Don't start with Admin can do anything he wants bla bla bla, Mantosh knows what I mean ( I hope )!!!

P.P.S. If "and I feel like I have to make it bigger for some" IF a poll about any subject results are something like 90% vs 10% then Admin should think about how much it will change the game and apply the changes. Any other behaviour on a live server brings in mind homemade servers of 16 years old that wanna have fun.

So your point is we cannot change anything unless we wipe progress affected by the change? How about changes we do every week? Did official wipe progress every update? 🙂

This server (not the project) is NOT seasonal, it won't be wiped after 2 months. There will be changes to gameplay, as there were on official. Some will like them, some won't, but there's no way everyone will be happy with every change or decision. You either adapt or move on.

So far, I've only read a handful of valid points, the rest was just noise 😐 I wish we had this discussion prior to launch. I will leave poll and thread open at least until the weekend. This is NOT a popular vote, meaning the final decision will be made based on votes & feedback.

Re P.P.S Really? 😄 "If you don't do as I say, you're a kid"? 😄 Ahh, L2 Forums, you never change 😌

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

Lets say that both options have their ups and downs and w/e arguement all can bring on the table it can't change the fact that ITEMS HAVE ALREADY BEEN OBTAINED WITH 18 LIMIT.

If you can reset that then you can change the rule, until you "can't" reset that you are "NOT ALLOWED" to change features in a 2 month live server.

P.S. Don't start with Admin can do anything he wants bla bla bla, Mantosh knows what I mean ( I hope )!!!

P.P.S. If "and I feel like I have to make it bigger for some" IF a poll about any subject results are something like 90% vs 10% then Admin should think about how much it will change the game and apply the changes. Any other behaviour on a live server brings in mind homemade servers of 16 years old that wanna have fun.

Let me ask you this, IF you are talking about items obtained with a 18 man limit, in my case i dont use more than 5 not even for AQ my AQ party consist of 6 toons for 2 people, we did baium with 1 pt we did valakas with 1 pt, we seldomly use more than 1-2 pt at the same time, and for farming pve content there is not such 18 man PT limit, what is that IF,  that you are refereing to? in any case IF this change is made, what are the items you say we can't have? keep in mind i am talking about ME, my personal experience all that i have i have obtained using less than the amount you speak, how would you solve this then? you that are the one asking to REMOVE items previously obtained in order to change a rule, there are some that not even come close to that rule how will you propose to do it? because you like to talk and opose and give your oppinion, i dont see you saying something that may help the GM make the correct decision, i also dont want this to be a crappy server that is gonna last 2 months, i like it here, hence i try to give feedback suggest changes that i beleive will benefit the entire server, this suggestion i made is not because my clan lost 1 or 2 AQ, and lost a flag to your clan, we been making it happen with 2 PT for the entire clan, if we had 18 toons per human we at least be 100 chars, but we dont have time nor we do think we need that much to play and have fun, if we need to we will do not 18 per human but will grow larger, i will wait for your solution to the problem

P.S. I do understand that there are people abusing the limit of 18, that is why i suggested to reduce it to 9 in the first place not because i am "losing" . . .

• Toggle Staff
1 minute ago, Erebus said:

Brings in mind 16y old homemade servers somehow became personal "you are a kid" . . .  hahahahaha VALID POINT!!! (L2 forums powa)

I spiced it up, yes 😄 But what else could you mean by that when I'm the one behind the wheel (right now)? 🙂

13 minutes ago, Erebus said:

I suppose if adapting means changing game/rules as it suits some every now and then, we will all be forced to move on at some point.

Adapting means adapting to the changes 🙂

I'd like to suggest to go back to the topic at hand. The most compelling points so far were

• New players entry "cost"
  • 10+ dds assisting making it almost impossible to counter, so pvp become who can target/res faster
  • Major change on live server

Poll seems to be too close to have a major impact in the decision. Another thing that someone mentioned and I've observed in the "PvP events" is that there hasn't been many cases where someone is handling more than one party right now. So even if we go down the road of changing the rule it will be more of a preventative measure.

10 minutes ago, Mantosh said:

I spiced it up, yes 😄 But what else could you mean by that when I'm the one behind the wheel (right now)? 🙂

Adapting means adapting to the changes 🙂

I'd like to suggest to go back to the topic at hand. The most compelling points so far were

• New players entry "cost"
  • 10+ dds assisting making it almost impossible to counter, so pvp become who can target/res faster
  • Major change on live server

Poll seems to be too close to have a major impact in the decision. Another thing that someone mentioned and I've observed in the "PvP events" is that there hasn't been many cases where someone is handling more than one party right now. So even if we go down the road of changing the rule it will be more of a preventative measure.

from my experience and the reason for why i suggest this in the first place is to avoid people saying you have 20 you have 19 you have 3 half pt, and because a figth gets laggy no matter how good your PC is when there are 100 chars on the screen is madness and to try to control 2 pt in that madness is more madness, and personally i think 1 PT per human is the best, it gives room for strategy making, fast movement, not just zerging everithing, some people mistoook the suggestion as a QQ for losing some AQ and TW the weekend, it is as you said not everyone is using 20 toons in all content, so making it only 9 will help keep it safe and symple in the future, i appreciate that you are taking this suggestion and making the best of it, what ever decision you take i will accept without complaints.

best regards

• Toggle Staff
3 minutes ago, Racerx said:

from my experience and the reason for why i suggest this in the first place is to avoid people saying you have 20 you have 19 you have 3 half pt, and because a figth gets laggy no matter how good your PC is when there are 100 chars on the screen is madness and to try to control 2 pt in that madness is more madness, and personally i think 1 PT per human is the best, it gives room for strategy making, fast movement, not just zerging everithing, some people mistoook the suggestion as a QQ for losing some AQ and TW the weekend, it is as you said not everyone is using 20 toons in all content, so making it only 9 will help keep it safe and symple in the future, i appreciate that you are taking this suggestion and making the best of it, what ever decision you take i will accept without complaints.

best regards

Thanks for suggestion, again 🙂 All valid points. As I said, I wish we had this discussion before launch.

Right now, I'm leaning toward not changing the rule, because of two reasons.
Not much of a precedent yet, so I'm hoping people will show self control and not ruin it for everyone just to win (talking about "un-counterable" 10+ dds assist).
The second reason is that we are already live for 1,5 month (Really? 😮 Time flies!) and as everyone can see it will bring drama, even people quitting here and there.

My goal is to keep a stable and "alive" server for as long as possible and implementing such change could jeopardize that.

This is in no way final decision!

• Thanks 1

I waited before chiming in on this thread. Here are a few of my thoughts:

1. If I were to create a new L2 server (not going to happen) the accounts would have a 10 character max. A 9 person party +1 for town, scouting, watching oly, whatever. 20 seems like to many for 1 account. 

2. This server was created a certain way. Even if most of us agreed it should change, it would be unfair to those who came here specifically to play under the current rules. 

3. Even if the change was made, it is *almost* unenforceable. Right now we believe RA (at times) brings 4+ parties to events run by a single player. Ifff that is correct, we have no way to prove it. Adrenalin has a module specifically designed to provide a unique HWID and IP. Other means of detection are incredibly manual in nature and are simply not realistic on a private server due to the high amount of resources required. 

So while I fully agree with RacerX that the game would be better with a limit of 1 party per player, we should accept this server as-is and adjust, which is what we are doing. We need each member to run 2 parties. PC power should not be an issue for anyone. Simply run OOG clients which take up hardly any resources for all but the party leaders. 

Let's just play and have what fun we can in our time together. 

• Alpha Wolf

We bring 10 pt's each not just 4 truelies.

Same as AoIq 3 PT's each aq

Edit:

The top I had on me was mine and one more sorc pt cause one guy couldn't be on qa. Same happened multiple times. No1 in RA use more than 2 pt. U can believe w.e u want but that just change the fact 

Edited by SaintStyle

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 10:25 AM, SaintStyle said:

Edit:

The top I had on me was mine and one more sorc pt cause one guy couldn't be on qa. Same happened multiple times. No1 in RA use more than 2 pt. U can believe w.e u want but that just change the fact 

Have i Ever pointed a finger on this Forum or ingame? have a said "this person has X amount of characters" , my suggestion does not discriminates, it is a rule for all wanting to pvp with more than 9 toons, i feel that with 9 toons for each person is more than enough to get pvp content done with no problem, we did baium, antaras, valakas with 2 PT or less, and for PVE content i dont really mind if you have 50 toons doing rb or power leveling you or farming for you, this suggestion is for pvp content! you can vote and think what you like but dont come in to the post speaking non sense, if you dont have nothing to hide no need to worry or loose

On 7/2/2020 at 3:25 PM, SaintStyle said:

Edit:

Are you blind? You can literally count every character i log lmao, at max i'd have 18, and lately i'd have 9 on AQ. Unlike some of you i'd prefer playing one character or one party only. But then again the only thing you guys are good at is basically only using rediculous profanity.

Edited by naEkino
Kek

• Toggle Staff

I've decided to not change the current rules.  The two of reasons I've already mentioned:

On 6/30/2020 at 10:39 AM, Mantosh said:

Not much of a precedent yet, so I'm hoping people will show self control and not ruin it for everyone just to win (talking about "un-counterable" 10+ dds assist).
The second reason is that we are already live for 1,5 month (Really? 😮 Time flies!) and as everyone can see it will bring drama, even people quitting here and there.

If the poll would have been more decisive I might have went with the struggle of changing the rule, but it seems that it's close to 50/50.

Thanks everyone for taking time and voicing your concerns, it really helped. This topic will be the ground work for future decisions on this matter.

• Mantosh unfeatured this topic