PK and karma

Scrapyard

• Editor

There has been some significant concerns about PK/Karma.  So first, I'll have some things to say, then I'd love some feedback. What do you think? What have you seen other servers do about PK/Karma that you like.?

Some of the concerns are that it is too easy to burn Karma on a bot server that is not jammed packed with characters everywhere fighting over territory.  Fundamentally, I agree that it should not be easy to burn karma. 

Yes it sucks when someone PK's you. Last night some of my testing bots were PK'd. It Sucks. I don't script much, unlike so many of you, so it really hurts. I understand people at my relatively low scripting ability. 

FIRST: Don't ask a GM/Admin to help you burn karma, kill you when you're red, help you teleport, or alter game play in any way especially as it pertains to PVP/PK . Straight out, we're not going to do it!

1.  PK and karma are component of the game, so we have no plans to eliminate it. (again we're open to suggestions on how this works on a bot server)
  2.  I agree it is easy to burn off, but we lack a solution at this time. 
  3.  People who go on sensless killing sprees and turn red, should struggle with all karma consequences such as the possibility to loose gear. 
  4.  We are considering posting more guards around low zones and reduce karma loss per SP and death.

There is something right now that you can do as a server. We have global shout. Make it hard for people to burn off karam safely.  OOPS, did I just tell you to use global shout. Listen some DRAMA is ok, but outright disrespect, trolling, flamebaiting is uncalled for and we've made no promises of unfettered freedom to run your mouth without limit in global shout. 

• Shout Out where you were PK'd 
  • Shout out were you see a Red burning off their Karma. 
  • form clans and friends, hopefully strong friends, and communicate 
  • help others learn to script
    • share basic scripts in forums and help grow the community. (who knows such behavior might be rewarded)
      • such as: auto rebuff with ALT-B
      • return to hunting spot
    • make a tutorial on how to BUFF with Adrenalin and other bot programs with default settings in bot program.

OK let's start a RESPECTFUL conversation (yeah right, its like herding cats) about how we can keep an intergral portion of the game, but maybe make it practical for a bot server. 

• Like 1

"You have to make hay while you can make hay"

image.png.cfa8b9586085a098ff8bf7d3265d9a7e.png

Good Morning every1, the only think that u can/should change on pk  chars should be the item loss. Cuz like we tested it u starting droping items after 50 pk.. so what is the reason for

some1 to hunt pk chars when they dont drop items?? also i dont know if it is a bug or future on hi5 when u kill and pk char u get pvp 😛 cheers!!

• Thanks 1

• Toggle Staff
5 hours ago, ioli said:

Good Morning every1, the only think that u can/should change on pk  chars should be the item loss. Cuz like we tested it u starting droping items after 50 pk.. so what is the reason for

some1 to hunt pk chars when they dont drop items?? also i dont know if it is a bug or future on hi5 when u kill and pk char u get pvp 😛 cheers!!

Thanks for feedback.

All the changes will mostly effect lower level PKing anyway. We understand PK is part of the game and we want to keep it. We just want to protect the very early game.

I just checked. Minimum PK count to drop items is 5. The rate to drop grows with every PK score.

We increased the base chance and karma received per kill just a bit. We also reduced how easily you can clear karma. PKing is still as easy as it was.

(Please note, all of this will take affect after next restart)

• 11 months later...
  • Toggle Staff
On 4/30/2021 at 9:55 PM, Jdub said:

Would like to revisit this discussion. @Mantosh Can you confirm the drop rate and pk amount for Kain is retail(or similar) and the possibility of augmented weapon drop. Thanks

Sure 🙂

Karma base gain is increased 2x
Karma loss by SP is reduced 3x
Karma loss on death is reduced 2x

Equipment (Weapon/Armor) drop chances are increased too.

It shouldn't be possible to drop Augmented items.