Buffs

Jdub

I understand why people like to have easy access to the best buffs, who wants to level buffers? I don't like to get owned by mobs and attack slow either. BUT.

I feel the buffs are a little overboard. Cov @ lev 1 makes choice of hunting areas almost trivial and removes the advantage veteran players have in regards to mob/party strength, Adena/ph, efficiency, etc.. You just pick the highest level mob you can possibly hit.. Cov is 5 minutes for a reason. It makes the game a lot less challenging/fun, pvp lasts seconds and instead of being somewhat strategic it's more about who has better items. IE. Some classes should never beat others 1v1, unless there is a level discrepancy. Cov/dances/songs forever - just kinda white washes huge parts of the game.

Edited by Jdub
  • Thanks 1

• Toggle Staff
16 minutes ago, Jdub said:

I understand why people like to have easy access to the best buffs, who wants to level buffers? I don't like to get owned by mobs and attack slow either. BUT.

I feel the buffs are a little overboard. Cov @ lev 1 makes choice of hunting areas almost trivial and removes the advantage veteran players have in regards to mob/party strength, Adena/ph, efficiency, etc.. You just pick the highest level mob you can possibly hit.. Cov is 5 minutes for a reason. It makes the game a lot less challenging/fun, pvp lasts seconds and instead of being somewhat strategic it's more about who has better items. IE. Some classes should never beat others 1v1, unless there is a level discrepancy. Cov/dances/songs forever - just kinda white washes huge parts of the game.

I agree. We've discussed this on TTT #6. I would definitely revisit this topic for a future update.

I have mixed feelings on the buffs. on the 1 hand I love not having the party have so much support on the other I have no idea how to automate my bots so I don't have to babysit them every 3 hours so would likely have to make buffers anyway. I do Wish you could have went with the original idea of combining buffers into 1 class (even just bd/sws) but it is what it is.

However once you decide to go with the alt +b buffer route you can't go back on that. Imagine people who make lvl 85 parties and no buffers and you take away or even reduce alt+b buffs? it would kill the server.

• Like 1

• Toggle Staff
6 hours ago, Kaax said:

I have mixed feelings on the buffs. on the 1 hand I love not having the party have so much support on the other I have no idea how to automate my bots so I don't have to babysit them every 3 hours so would likely have to make buffers anyway. I do Wish you could have went with the original idea of combining buffers into 1 class (even just bd/sws) but it is what it is.

However once you decide to go with the alt +b buffer route you can't go back on that. Imagine people who make lvl 85 parties and no buffers and you take away or even reduce alt+b buffs? it would kill the server.

Yes, that might have been fun, but we didn't want to start breaking things right away as it would require a lot of testing.

Not on live server, no.

Forgot to mention. I've plans to share a rebuff script at least for adrenaline. With current workload that will be after launch.

Edited by Mantosh
Forgot to mention
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kaax said:

I will be doing the same but for other reasons. I will use the buffer for small/solo. Parties will be powerhouses that can handle the toughest hunting areas. C-ya in DVC.

Additionally.

It's a matter of being jaded. We are all so familiar with having 1100 casting speed that it feels odd/bad to just have prophet buffs and nothing else. Fortunately I can enjoy the game either way and a high quality server like this has me genuinely excited. Which is a lot to say after so many years of the same fucking game, all other games are still shit - less shadowbane. Which has a new server opening soon btw, plan to bot on both. 😎

I have thought long and hard about how to change many classes in lineage 2 in order to make them viable on the private server landscape. I have went so far as to outline various server concepts but never actually learned enough about java to pull off my own server, I am an aerospace engineer by trade, no school(less math), and that has taken all my brain cells for the past 15 years. I have played 100's of private servers starting around 2010(at least 250), which is when I started to get serious about my real life job. I wanted high rates but not before playing official servers during open beta test through the Kamael update, I know a lot about this game. On official servers(devianne) I have; owned castles, been hero for long periods, and botted to the high heavens. At one point I was selling $1500 US dollars worth of adena a month with the help of a friend that could code. 

Sorry got a bit carried away..

Long story short - I'm glad you're open to exploring different buff concepts and not deleting my posts.

• Like 1

• Toggle Staff
10 hours ago, Jdub said:

It's a matter of being jaded. We are all so familiar with having 1100 casting speed that it feels odd/bad to just have prophet buffs and nothing else. Fortunately I can enjoy the game either way and a high quality server like this has me genuinely excited. Which is a lot to say after so many years of the same fucking game, all other games are still shit - less shadowbane. Which has a new server opening soon btw, plan to bot on both. 😎

Yep, it's hard to get excited about having less than you just had (especially if you're coming from a higher rate server). 

10 hours ago, Jdub said:

I have thought long and hard about how to change many classes in lineage 2 in order to make them viable on the private server landscape. I have went so far as to outline various server concepts but never actually learned enough about java to pull off my own server

Very familiar story 🙂 We too have multiple huge ideas for features, expansions, games even, but we chose to be modest for our first launch and work on stability of the server and existing features. We are also spending time on improving party management and making multiboxing easier. Us having experience in playing and dealing with all of it really helped us focus on most annoying aspects.

10 hours ago, Jdub said:

I have played 100's of private servers starting around 2010(at least 250), which is when I started to get serious about my real life job. I wanted high rates but not before playing official servers during open beta test through the Kamael update, I know a lot about this game. On official servers(devianne) I have; owned castles, been hero for long periods, and botted to the high heavens. At one point I was selling $1500 US dollars worth of adena a month with the help of a friend that could code. 

Very cool! We are glad to have such a knowledgeable player base 🙂 Also, it seems we'll have a good concentration of "old" retail players! I love it

10 hours ago, Jdub said:

Long story short - I'm glad you're open to exploring different buff concepts and not deleting my posts.

Always open to hear feedback, good or bad 🙂 We will try not to delete your posts in the future too 😄

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, Scrapyard said:

Man why would we/they delete your post? I detect no hostility just suggestions. Hell give us more.

I was referring to L2idle admins. If they dont like the topicfunny old man GIF

• Haha 1