How To: Freya Guide

Arthose

• Editor
Raid Boss Names: Freya
Raid Boss Level: 85
Spawn Location: Frost Lake
Minions: Yes
Minion Level: 85
Required Quest: None (Here on L2Toggle at least)
Required Quest Item: Frozen Core (Not Required to enter but required if you don't want to die )
Starting NPC Name: Jinia
Starting NPC Location: Frost Lake

Guide:
      Suggested Classes:  Tank, Bishop, Melee chars.  Mages get hit with reflect magic shield and die very quickly.
      Suggested Level:  85
      Max Clients per IP:  No Limit (make a command channel)  you WILL need at least 2 parties.  Even I use two.
      Suggested Gear:  S84 Weapons & Armor, full element on weapons and armor.  Freya is weak against fire/strong against water.
      Suggested Route to Bosses:  Port from Schuttgart to Frost Lake (Noble Port) Talk to Freya's Streward and Teleport to Jinia.

If you don't have a frozen Core yet, get it from Kegor by talking to him.  You want one on EVERY char.  HIGHLY recommend putting it in your task bar, preferably in the same spot on each char.  When you need to click this later timing is KEY so last thing you want to do is stumble around in your inventory  or trying to find it on the toolbar.

Register and/or login to see this content.

Once that is done, go talk to Jinia.  There are two options, Easy Freya and Hard.  There is no difference between the two as far as how they act nor how to defeat them.  The only differences are as follows:
Easy Freya:  Weaker/Easier to kill.  Drops Vorpal Armor and a regular freya necklace.
Hard Freya: Much stronger/harder to kill.  Drops Elegia Armor/jewels and Mid-S84 Weapons and a bottle of Freya Soul.  (Used to make a regular Freya necklace blessed.

You should farm the easy Freya for as long as you need Freya necklaces which are great for mages and healers.  After you have enough of those, try Freya hard.

When you port in, you want to INSTANTLY run down the hallway, turn and run straight through the room and up the short staircase.  Then hand a left and into the corner like a beaten red-headed stepchild.  DO NOT hang out in the middle of the room.  Sure it looks cool, and you will have plenty of time to look at it when you are dead from all of the minions.

Here is where you want to hide for the remainder of the raid.

You should get there right as the intro cut scene starts.  Just wait there and kill any mobs that come to you eventually Freya spawns.  This is Stage 1 of 3.  You even get a nice little message on your screen in case the giant chick on a frozen chair that she showed up wasn't obvious.  You 'should' be able to do this without her casting her ultimate ability where you will need to use a frozen core.  If you do, use it.  (more on this in Stage 3.)

After you spank her she runs away and makes you deal with her minions.  You get a minute break to rez & rebuff up.  After a minute minions spawn and slowly come find you.  Kill them and wait for the next cut scene where Glakias spawns.  This begins Stage 2.

Remember how I told you not to be in that big middle area?  Now take ONE char down there that can attack from a distance and go hit Glakias.  Then immediately run back to your corner you bad boy.  Glakias WILL bring friends so be ready.

Glakias hits hard and can be an issues, especially on Hard Freya.  He is one heck of a meat shield and takes a LONG time to kill.  You can shorten this by triggering SoS but save your appetite of destruction for the 3rd stage and final fight.  After you defeat Glakias you get another 1 minute break to contemplate life choices...  Maybe now IS the time to diversify your 401K portfolio, or just be totally irresponsible and invest in something like BitCoin.  Hell, a friend of mine did that and is not a retired millionaire so yeah, maybe I did F up...  That's what I get for playing it safe...   Oh crap almost forgot about

Stage 3.  The rapture.  Freya comes out the gate swinging.  Start laying into her with EVERYTHING you got.  Trigger SoS/App/DoD and go ham.  If you didn't see her ultimate in Stage 1.  You will in Stage 2.  You will see the below message pop up on your screen.  You have.... 5 seconds for someone in the instance to use a Frozen core.  If you are working with other people have a plan that ONE person's main job is to not screw up this timing.  NOTE:  TURN YOUR BOT OFF FOR THIS, preferably BEFORE you get the below message.  You can click the Frozen Core in your toolbar, it will turn dark like you used it, BUT because the bot was also trying to do something, it will cancel your frozen core.  I can not stress this enough, ESPECIALLY for Hard Freya.   Y O U   W I L L   D I E if you miss the frozen core timing.  And not just you, everyone in the instance.  Not only does her ultimate kill you by itself, it freezes everyone in your party for 5-7 seconds, while Freya and her minions continue to beat you.  What is better yet, if you somehow survive, the next time she casts it, it will be stronger, and more frequent.  In short, don't screw this up.

Keep fighting tossing everything you got a her.  When you get her to roughly 20% life another cut scene happens and two NPCs come out to help.  What they really do is give everyone in the instance a huge damage and defense boost which is appreciated, though you wonder why they couldn't have helped sooner.  Almost always Freya will cast her ultimate immediately AFTER this cut scene so be ready.  If you or your buddy are going to miss a core, this is the one it typically is.

Continue to kill Freya and eventually she does die.

Reward: As mentioned previously it depends if you killed easy or hard Freya.  Easy Freya always drops her necklace and I believe Vorpal Armor and Jewels.  Hard Freya Drops a bottle of her soul you can use to make a Blessed Freya Necklace (You need a regular freya necklace as well) along with Elegia armor/jewels and a chance at Mid-S84 Weapons.  Both bosses have a chance to drop a Freya cloak which is the best in the game.

Regular Freya Necklace.  (Yes, I am showing off in the below screenshot, thank you for asking :P)

Bottle of Freya's Soul

Take this item to Rafforty (Schuttgart -> Iceman Hut (Regular port)

Blessed Freya Necklace

Been a real pleasure playing with you guys!  Hope you have enjoyed my guides!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.4438a89c961e3d3a3cafe2b1be39aa9e.png

• Arthose changed the title to How To: Freya Guide