Features' Polls

Mantosh

Feature options I would like to see in the next project  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Community Board (Alt+B) Buffs (Multiple Choice)

• Yes, full. Including: Resists, Summoners', Warsmiths', and Counter Critical/Dance of Berserker/etc.
    • Yes, but partial. Including: Resists, Summoners', and Warsmiths'. Excluding: Counter Critical/Dance of Berserker/etc.
    • Yes, but partial. Including: Resists. Excluding: Summoners', Warsmiths', and Counter Critical/Dance of Berserker/etc.
    • Yes, but basic. Everything up to 3rd profession. Excluding: Resists, Summoners', Warsmiths', and Counter Critical/Dance of Berserker/etc.
    • Yes, but super basic. Excluding: 3rd profession, Resists, Summoners', Warsmiths', and Counter Critical/Dance of Berserker/etc.
    • Yes, newbie guide buffs.
    • No. But increase buff durations.
    • No. Retail.
  2. 2. Mana Potion (Multiple Choice)

• I don't think mana is a resource. Instant, high amount, and low cooldown.
    • Maybe mana should prevent high spam (Battle Heal). Instant, high amount, and 15s cooldown
    • I like mana. I don't like sitting. Mana "Healing" Potions. Overtime, low amount (maybe depends on mana?), and 15s cooldown
    • Retail for life! #ManaRegen. No mana potions. Craft Elixirs!
  3. 3. How much zerg is too much? (Multiple Choice)

• Limit pvp zones (Siege/TW/Around Epics/Events/?) to 10* chars. All zones combined, not two parties defending two castles.
    • Limit pvp zones (Siege/TW/Around Epics/Events/?) to 20* chars. All zones combined.
    • Limit everything to 10* chars
    • Limit everything to 20* chars
    • No Limit. #ZergLife
    • Limit pvp zones (Siege/TW/Around Epics/Events/?) to 3 chars. All zones combined. PvP parties made by 3 people.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Toggle Staff

There has been some back and forth discussions about some features on the next project:

So I think it is in our best interest to start a few polls. Let's say we'll review the results in a week - Feb 14th?

Another important topic is Epics setup. I won't make a poll, because there are too many variants. Please see Any thoughts about epic raids?. Should we level separate parties, for different activities, or max level epics only? Skip Quests? Quest items for adena to fight inflation? 

Also, I would like to express my view. No matter what the polls say, I would one day launch a retail-like server, probably under Lionna name, because that's what I would like to play (I won't). 🙂 But I understand that this might not be what the majority of the community wants, so we'll continue after we have the poll results.

Meanwhile, let's see what these new files are made of. Let's test as much as possible before we go live. There are many PTS GMs and a few more to come.

Edit: I can add more options on the polls.

Questions 1 & 3 offered good option choices. Question 2 is missing a key option, which I kindly suggest should be considered. It would be a variation of the second choice:

Allow mana potions in game, make them very expensive (like ?150k each to start, but can increase later based on inflation), perhaps 90 second re-use and otherwise like on bartz (can't recall exactly but something like gives 100 mp/second for 10 seconds). The bottom line .... no player should ever be able to pve on mana pots to where a nuker can just nuke non-stop without a recharger and without b2m...that was what happened on old bartz. Mana pots should only be available in emergencies during pvp. Kind of a bridge between MP elixirs and the old mana pots. One possibility is to make them available to craft from castles. They need to be valued in a similar manner to QHP. 

Regarding buffs, something needs to be adjusted to allow buff stealing / canceling to have value. But also, 20 minute buffs is annoying. Perhaps something like all buffs have 3x duration? The result is regular buffs 1hr, prophecies 15 min, songs/dances 6 min.....if that is too annoying for some players fine but perhaps that could be used as a baseline. Another thought is a cooldown timer on rebuffs. If ALT+B is used for buffs, then I suggest a cooldown period for rebuffs so cancel / buff stealing has value. 

Regarding epics - - - the point of quests and different boss levels is to provide hurdles that players need to overcome. Need to take these two topics separately:

Level - the key to the level of bosses is it prevents the same top party / clan / ally from dominating every boss in game. I feel strongly it is important to keep the levels for bosses: AQ is 4x, Core / Orfen 5x, Zaken 6x, Baium 7x, Antharas / Valakas 8x. If you make them all 8x bosses then 100% of focus goes into the main char and that's it. It takes time and commitment to level the alts, gear them, dyes, and then OE their gear...all of which helps pull adena out of the game (which is needed). 

Quests - I hate the quests....hate them. But they lead to the proper in game conflicts. Clan / ally members getting upset with others in their guild who do not complete the quests....parties not being able to port in because 1 or more chars don't have the quests, etc. If you sell quest items for $$, even $1 that becomes too ptw as those with $ buy without thought while others cannot or chose not to. The balance I think would be to drop the quest items (bloody fabric, portal stones) as a rare drop from ???, or give them in other parts of the game like festivals or castles, or new events, or find some aspect of the game which is being under-utilized and reward players for engaging there. 

On Bartz

- most bosses 20 - 7x just sat there all day. Even many 7x-8x bosses often were up without competition. That should change. Even CORE / ORFEN were up 100% and was freely available to farm (which means more incentive is required .... give those jewels SOMETHING extra, enough to cause desirability...and conflict). For example, does a mage wear his valakas necklace? or frint? or freya? Well it depends on the situation. Para is op'd so you never wear valakas in oly/pvp if you are going against anyone with para. That kind of conflict should exist for Core / Orfen as well. 

- Festivals were not done at all. An entire part of the game just sitting there. 

- Manor system. Many castles never even bothered setting up their manor. The castle rewards from the manor (that the castle owner receives) need a boost. Brez's are practically worthless...their main value being a fast rez. 

These are just examples. 

As always, some will love these suggestions, others will hate them. But that's L2! Gotta love the confilct 🙂  / discuss

Edited by TrueLies
  • Thanks 1

you guys have to understand that most players join for different reasons but for me lineage 2 is mass pvp, flaming and market trading

players who want to compete on a bot server they will find the way and dominate no matter what (more computers, more connections more bots more time more allies)

players who want only to bot 24/7 and nothing more, are just out of the picture

the retail game is problematic itself and most important its created for 1 char per person and this is the reason that more customs are needed

i am talking about balance and opportunities that even a single player can compete and trust me in l2community like this even 2 parties with perfect bot settings can rule and destroy the server in 1 month and probably this will happen no matter what

it depends what server u want to create and no matter what options you choose, there are advantages and disadvantages

Edited by KAKALOS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KAKALOS said:

this poll is a joke lol

1) Community Board. bad options many of them almost the same and if you combine the yes or no the results will be different. i think community board should have been 3 questions to be accurate. A) - yes or no B) with buffs 3-4 scenarios (no multiple) C) without buffs 3-4 scenarios (no multiple). so the results would have been 100% accurate.

2 ) Mana Potion. is okay, but as a single choice no multiple choice

3) How much Zerg.  last option for 3 chars is lame cause the server need big population which low rate bot servers dont have.

also no need for multiple choice, single choice to be 100% accurate.

Also one question that it is missing it the teleports if they will be retail, full or semi .

• Toggle Staff
7 minutes ago, Anabele said:

1) Community Board. bad options many of them almost the same and if you combine the yes or no the results will be different. i think community board should have been 3 questions to be accurate. A) - yes or no B) with buffs 3-4 scenarios (no multiple) C) without buffs 3-4 scenarios (no multiple). so the results would have been 100% accurate.

2 ) Mana Potion. is okay, but as a single choice no multiple choice

3) How much Zerg.  last option for 3 chars is lame cause the server need big population which low rate bot servers dont have.

also no need for multiple choice, single choice to be 100% accurate.

Also one question that it is missing it the teleports if they will be retail, full or semi .

Forum is limited to 3 poll questions unfortunately 🙂

No worries. I'll filter out bots and consolidate responses. We cannot make everyone happy, but it's getting clearer to me where the majority is heading.

Regarding teleports. Retail + a few QoL spots.

Thanks for feedback!

19 hours ago, Mantosh said:

Forum is limited to 3 poll questions unfortunately 🙂

No worries. I'll filter out bots and consolidate responses. We cannot make everyone happy, but it's getting clearer to me where the majority is heading.

Regarding teleports. Retail + a few QoL spots.

Thanks for feedback!

yeah i am trying and some other people too cause we are a lot of people that we are searching for a bot server right now and we are awaiting yours to play... and the faster things getting clear the faster the server will open!

• Like 1

• Toggle Staff

Poll closed. I'll review votes and post results and decision later today.

I've read many great suggestions and I'm very happy that so many people are so passionate about the game✌️ 

A full launch feature list will follow soon after. Server setup will be updated throughout next week to bring it to Beta Testing.

• Thanks 1

• Toggle Staff

1. Community Board (Alt+B) Buffs

We will have buffs on Community Board. 80% of you voted to have some sort of buffs.
I believe the following option will be a best compromise - "Yes, but partial. Including: Resists, Summoners', and Warsmiths'. Excluding: Counter Critical/Dance of Berserker/etc."

2. Mana Potion

We will have mana potions. Again, 80% of you voted to have some sort of mana potions.
Instant mana restoration with cooldown seemed to be the most popular. We will test to see the exact amount.

3. How much zerg is too much?

85% of voters chose to have some kind of character limit and the "Limit pvp zones (Siege/TW/Around Epics/Events/?) to 10* chars." was the most popular.

What's next?

• Closing Epics question, any final thoughts or suggestions?
  • Closing "smaller" questions now that we have a general idea. This would touch most of suggestions and comments.
  • Feature delivery to the testing server to bring it to Beta.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Editor
15 hours ago, Mantosh said:

3. How much zerg is too much?

85% of voters chose to have some kind of character limit and the "Limit pvp zones (Siege/TW/Around Epics/Events/?) to 10* chars." was the most popular.

So, limit those zones to 10, but Farming wise no limit?

"You have to make hay while you can make hay"

image.png.cfa8b9586085a098ff8bf7d3265d9a7e.png

• Mantosh unfeatured this topic