Any thoughts about epic raids?

Mantosh

• Toggle Staff

Kain is coming, let's hear from you about Epics!

Register and/or login to see this content.

1. Should we leave them as is?
  2. Should we boost levels so that all of them are 80-88?
  3. How strong should they be?
  4. Should we boost drops?

What do you think?

1. Some have problems that should be addressed individually.

Baium - increase the amount of players allowed inside

Antharas - Safe mode is needed when u port in, people just camp the teleport with aoe bots.

2. Not sure how that would play out but no additional characters just for AQ is nice.

3. Would need to test but no mana pots should increase the difficulty.

4. Epic jewels should be elusive but the other things can be boosted.

I like the idea of making them spawn at the same times(2-3 on a rotation) no matter when they are killed. It allows clans to plan ahead when they contest bosses and provides a more stable attendance.

• Like 1

• Toggle Staff
13 hours ago, Jdub said:

1. Some have problems that should be addressed individually.

Baium - increase the amount of players allowed inside

Antharas - Safe mode is needed when u port in, people just camp the teleport with aoe bots.

2. Not sure how that would play out but no additional characters just for AQ is nice.

3. Would need to test but no mana pots should increase the difficulty.

4. Epic jewels should be elusive but the other things can be boosted.

I like the idea of making them spawn at the same times(2-3 on a rotation) no matter when they are killed. It allows clans to plan ahead when they contest bosses and provides a more stable attendance.

1. Safe spot or safe for x seconds after porting?

2. That's a major question. Right now, I'm leaning toward either boosting all epics to 82+ so one party is enough for everything. OR adjusting QA/Core/Orfen to be level ~40.

Regarding rotation - what about timezones? Last Toggle had a lot of players from NA/SA and EU. I was thinking maybe putting some of them on predefined respawn times, and leave the rest as is.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:36 AM, Mantosh said:

1. Safe spot or safe for x seconds after porting?

2. That's a major question. Right now, I'm leaning toward either boosting all epics to 82+ so one party is enough for everything. OR adjusting QA/Core/Orfen to be level ~40.

Regarding rotation - what about timezones? Last Toggle had a lot of players from NA/SA and EU. I was thinking maybe putting some of them on predefined respawn times, and leave the rest as is.

I think changing things that are broken or simply useless is the best way to add content and increase longevity. I would also have to agree with a post I read and suggest that the less changes you make to fundamental game systems the better.

1. X seconds after porting you're invincible. So you get time to spread out or move and if you use an attack skill you lose the protection.

1. I would say 3 times,  8 hours apart is fair. I wasn't able attend most raids because a majority of the top players were EU. I would actually wait to implement that change however, until you can take a survey or see where the majority of players are connecting from. No reason to rotate it if 90% of the players are close - timezone wise.

• Thanks 1

• Toggle Staff
On 1/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, Jdub said:

1. X seconds after porting you're invincible. So you get time to spread out or move and if you use an attack skill you lose the protection.

I'll look into this.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, Jdub said:

2. I would say 3 times,  8 hours apart is fair. I wasn't able attend most raids because a majority of the top players were EU. I would actually wait to implement that change however, until you can take a survey or see where the majority of players are connecting from. No reason to rotate it if 90% of the players are close - timezone wise.

Every 8* hours sounds interesting. Would need to think of a schedule. I like it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

1) Boss levels  and Area

Ant Queen - leave it retail with 45 lvl limit to allow entrance - PvP Area
Orfen - Core - Leave it retail ( no one will do those bosses except the jewels change bonus stats. ) - PvP Area

Baium -  leave it retail with 80 lvl max limit inside - PvP Area after teleport inside

Antharas - Valakas - leave it retail (Also elegia drops is not retail as it was on bartz server ) - PvP Area after teleport inside for Antharas and for Valakas after you fall off the cliffs.

2) Quest items

Baium - Quest items do not dissapear 

Antharas + Valakas - Quest items do not dissapear 

Frintezza - Quest Entrance item add it via vote coins or donate or remove it completely 

Freya - Leave the Quest for those who need the protections books but for entering Freya no need quest and have the Core already for hard and normal.

3) Instances minimum count for entrance

Frintezza + Freya  + Zaken ( low and high ) without the need off cc to enter inside, so everyone with 1 party can do those instances.

Beleth - 2 parties minimum and add Teleport to Epidos directly. many people on servers dont do this boss cause of the need of 3-4 hours preparations each time to enter in and if any party member gets DC add an extra hour to get back in.. so it is pain in the ass. 

Antharas + Valakas - add minimum 3 parties to open the respawn so that not a single party can go in and kill it.

1 hour ago, Anabele said:

1) Boss levels  and Area

Ant Queen - leave it retail with 45 lvl limit to allow entrance - PvP Area
Orfen - Core - Leave it retail ( no one will do those bosses except the jewels change bonus stats. ) - PvP Area

Baium -  leave it retail with 80 lvl max limit inside - PvP Area after teleport inside

Antharas - Valakas - leave it retail (Also elegia drops is not retail as it was on bartz server ) - PvP Area after teleport inside for Antharas and for Valakas after you fall off the cliffs.

2) Quest items

Baium - Quest items do not dissapear 

Antharas + Valakas - Quest items do not dissapear 

Frintezza - Quest Entrance item add it via vote coins or donate or remove it completely 

Freya - Leave the Quest for those who need the protections books but for entering Freya no need quest and have the Core already for hard and normal.

3) Instances minimum count for entrance

Frintezza + Freya  + Zaken ( low and high ) without the need off cc to enter inside, so everyone with 1 party can do those instances.

Beleth - 2 parties minimum and add Teleport to Epidos directly. many people on servers dont do this boss cause of the need of 3-4 hours preparations each time to enter in and if any party member gets DC add an extra hour to get back in.. so it is pain in the ass. 

Antharas + Valakas - add minimum 3 parties to open the respawn so that not a single party can go in and kill it.

Also one good suggestion it will be high zaken to drop apart from blessed zaken ear, normal zaken ear with a chance of 50% so that we can avoid creating many many chars for a 60lvl instance.

• Jdub unfeatured this topic