Server information

sot443

• Alpha Wolf

Hi,
I have a few questions:
1. With what rates will the server is going to be?

2. Are there gonna be any  custom npc's?

3. Seven signs? Mammons will be always up?

4. GK for Cata/necro?

5. Still trying to understand what is the prime shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Clan :

i. level up restrictions?

ii. Clan reputation and eggs requirement

iii. Clan WH privileges to other clan member

For now, more to come .....

Edited by sot443

• Toggle Staff
18 hours ago, sot443 said:

Hi,
I have a few questions:
1. With what rates will the server is going to be?

2. Are there gonna be any  custom npc's?

3. Seven signs? Mammons will be always up?

4. GK for Cata/necro?

5. Still trying to understand what is the prime shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Clan :

i. level up restrictions?

ii. Clan reputation and eggs requirement

iii. Clan WH privileges to other clan member

For now, more to come .....

Hey! I split your reply into a separate topic, I hope you don't mind.

Regarding features in general. I assume you're asking about live server and not Alpha Test. We have a concept written out, with major things discussed and mostly decided. But I don't want to be very specific just yet.

1.  Rates will be around x1. There will be a few modifiers available, but nothing to crazy as you can find on private server these days.
  2. Yes, but very limited additions.
  3. SS will be always open, but the cycles will still apply. Mammons will be modified.
  4. Yes.
  5. Prime shop is from latest retail H5 patch. It serves no purposes right now.
  6. In general, IMHO a clan should be a group of people working together to reach large goals. So building clan alone should not be fast or easy.
    i. Modified.
    ii. Close to retail.
    iii. Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo ... whats stopping the server from ending up like idle ? New files and some minor changes arent that big deal imho. Why should I / we invest hundreds of (botting) hours here, if the endgame will be the same / non existant ?

• Thanks 1

• Toggle Staff

Hello @emir0n, welcome to the community and thanks for your concern🙂

We want to build a quality project that we, as a community, would like to play. We believe that L2 High Five is not a bad game on itself, but it's lacking in few areas. It is so because high five was not created as a standalone game, but it was an addition to the previous game, the same as the previous chronicles. To build a solid core and community, we will begin with an improved version of a game that everyone is familiar with.

Now, L2 was created for solo play and how we are doing is not it. On top of improved high five, we will add features to help you manage your parties and boxes, in-game and out.

To continue the thought on the improved version of a game. In our Promises section on our site, there's a card:

Glorified High Five
Initially very retail-like, but we will be adding content with an emphasis on features that improve quality of life. We have a lot of things in the works and even more planned for the future!

We want to start from a solid base and build on it. We have a lot of ideas, there are ideas section on the forums, and people already suggesting even more things. Of course, not everything will be included, not everything should. But we will do our best to grow as a server and a community.

I hope this answers your questions 🙂 If you want to discuss anything, just let us know!

• Editor

I get it, and most of us have spent many many hours on said server.  Ultimately we wanted something more than that.  More content, and a responsive staff.   Mantosh is right, server starts from a solid fuctioning server, and then the agreement is I get to break it from there 😄

image.png.4438a89c961e3d3a3cafe2b1be39aa9e.png

Thanks for the responde.

I dont want to be rude, but it did felt like marketing 🙂 On the other hand, I can understand why.

Will the PT size be retail 9 slots ? Buffs/CHs/castles/Raids+WBs/quests/oly also retail like ?

Also, what is the plan for endgame ? Its kinda expected that it will take some time to farm up and get there, I have no issue with that, but what then ? I dont want to have XX lvl 85 chars that have nothing to do ...

Personally I dont expect that the server will have 100+ "active players" which means, pvp will be non-existant if all castles are opened. Also going to pvp with 9/18+ bots ... some1 can enjoy it but I personally dont.

I also think that retail l2 was made for full active 9mans, so in this perspective as it is a bot server,there can be several changes done to improve the "quality of life" or even create a whole new experience.

Basically I want to know what to expect so I can decide if I want to invest time here.

• Toggle Staff

Thanks for your interest, @emir0n

I'll take that as a compliment, so thank You 🙂

I'd like to answer your 20 in 1 question. We have a ton of things planned for the project as a whole (not just IG). We do have a list of features we want to launch with and we have decided not to try and iron everything all at once (and get overwhelmed), but work on it one by one. Most of feature changes will be introduced on TTTs or forum discussions. Actually, buff part was already addressed in "TTT #2: baff pls". I'd like to mention though, that all of the things You've mentioned have some changes planned. Except Oly - we plan not to mess with oly as if it is already a niche, maybe later, depending on the community.

I think I already answered your questions about content, endgame, and quality of life improvements in the previous post. Solid base first and then build on that.

I am sorry, I wasn't able to follow your thoughts on pvp. Would you care to elaborate?

What to expect? Our best 🙂 We understand that we cannot make a server that everyone likes, I hope you guys understand that too. But we will work tirelessly to do our best.

I am sort of disappointed in the buffing route that is taken. I really was hoping for retail system where you NEED party supports(2min dances, cov etc). With your current idea @ endgame I believe buffers will be used but ONLY in town as buff bots and won't be needed in parties since buff times are 1+ hours.  If not town squatters then OOP dragging them around just too rebuff. Honestly id rather have a full NPC buffer than drag my buffer alts around, either that or retail buff times 😄

my opinion anyways.

P.S. will rechargers be useless or no mana potions?

• Toggle Staff

Yes sir, it's a hard thing to balance :) Don't forget there will be buffer class changes too. Also, please consider that it opens more options. You can play without buffers at all, with all buffers, or the freaky way you described :)

There will be mana drugs, slowly restoring mp. You'll have to manage your mana.