7 signs bug

TrueLies

Register and/or login to see this content.

Dawn previously won the Strife seal. When that happens, Dawn should continue winning the seal every time until there is a Dusk win. Either the announcement was bugged, or there is a real bug where Dawn was not awarded the strife seal. 

1 hour ago, Scrapyard said:

That's not exactly how that works. It is not bugged, that dawn does not own the seal.

Respectfully, I disagree. I have been deeply involved with the 7 signs system since it was introduced. Perhaps a foundational change was made during my absence. I will share my understanding. Feel free to correct any inaccuracies. 

1. The winner of Dusk or Dawn is determined by which side earns more points. There are 1000 competition points available: 500 for the festivals and 500 for the total seal stones turned in. The side with the most points wins. I joined the server 3 weeks after opening but it is my understanding Dawn won the first time. I know Dawn has won every time since. 

2. There are 3 seals. To win a seal, the winning side (Dusk / Dawn) must have 35 perfect of signed participants or more. It is impossible to win all 3 seals the initial week on a new server as you cannot reach 105%. One seal will always win and you can win up to 2 seals the first week. 

3. Once a seal has been won, it remains "won" until the opposing side wins. So if 2 seals are won the first period on a new server, and the 3rd seal is won the next period, all 3 seals should be held. 

I am confident the above information was accurate for years. Has it changed? We won Strife (the 3rd seal) on this server and Dusk has never won, so Strife should remain an earned seal until such time as Dusk wins. It cannot be "lost" otherwise. That is why I shared the issue at the start of this post. 

Please advise where I am mistaken. 

Yes, I am sure Strife won previously. 

About ?2 periods ago I asked our ally to all sign STRIFE. I used every char I had access to so as to ensure being over 35%. Apparently not many players actually sign up so it was not difficult. 

It happened after Ragnar asked you why he could not raise taxes on Giran higher and you advised him to read up on the 7 signs. 

Edited by TrueLies
  • Thanks 1

• Editor
14 hours ago, TrueLies said:

Respectfully, I disagree.

3. Once a seal has been won, it remains "won" until the opposing side wins. So if 2 seals are won the first period on a new server, and the 3rd seal is won the next period, all 3 seals should be held. 

I am confident the above information was accurate for years. Has it changed? We won Strife (the 3rd seal) on this server and Dusk has never won, so Strife should remain an earned seal until such time as Dusk wins. It cannot be "lost" otherwise. That is why I shared the issue at the start of this post. 

Please advise where I am mistaken. 

#3 is where you've gone astray. All the rest is golden.

You do not "automatically" retain the seal until the other side wins the entire dusk/dawn competition. You must maintain each seal through each competition period and it requires coordination from everyone on the dawn side to maintain all three seals. 

"You have to make hay while you can make hay"

image.png.cfa8b9586085a098ff8bf7d3265d9a7e.png

On 7/13/2020 at 7:47 PM, Scrapyard said:

That's not exactly how that works. It is not bugged, that dawn does not own the seal.

Well it seems we are each party correct. I forgot a key detail, which is in order to retain a seal, 10% must be each on the seal. I assume we failed to do such this last time for strife. I will see that does not happen again. 

"If the cabal owned the Seal in the previous Seven Signs competition, then they can retain the seal if 10% or more members have voted for it."

Register and/or login to see this content.

Thank you Scrappy for your diligence here!

• Editor

I gotta be snarky here so I'm teasing. 

You were partly correct. Where you were correct, I said you were golden.

This statement  was not partly correct, but it was factual and 100% correct. It had poor grammar, but correct. (I don't believe the coma was needed.)

Sorry, I'm bored at work with nothing to do today. So sad. 

BTW look at the post before your last reply. It was hidden while I worked on it which reveals other details. I forgot to reveal it. 

• Like 1

"You have to make hay while you can make hay"

image.png.cfa8b9586085a098ff8bf7d3265d9a7e.png