Changelog questions

TrueLies

" Epic PvP zone no longer overwrites Party/Command Channel/Clan/Ally status"

Does that mean our AoE skills will no longer hit members of our ally, or members of our cc?

Regarding the "increased chance to drop" for players with karma, can we have any idea of the increase? 5%? 100%? more?

Regarding the cursed swords, they currently can only be leveled to 5 or 6 before disappearing. Increasing by 2 hours has no benefit at all. In order for the swords to have ANY value, players need to consistently be able to level them to 10 and have time to "play" with them after going through all the work to acquire and level the swords. In an absolute worst case scenario, a player should have perhaps 6 hours with a leveled cursed sword. This gives them the 3 hours of full buffs + time to run around and kill bosses, farm or kill players - - - the things the swords were designed for

• Toggle Staff
7 hours ago, TrueLies said:

" Epic PvP zone no longer overwrites Party/Command Channel/Clan/Ally status"

Does that mean our AoE skills will no longer hit members of our ally, or members of our cc?

Yes. AOE away 🙂

Regarding the "increased chance to drop" for players with karma, can we have any idea of the increase? 5%? 100%? more?

20% => 30%

Regarding the cursed swords, they currently can only be leveled to 5 or 6 before disappearing. Increasing by 2 hours has no benefit at all. In order for the swords to have ANY value, players need to consistently be able to level them to 10 and have time to "play" with them after going through all the work to acquire and level the swords. In an absolute worst case scenario, a player should have perhaps 6 hours with a leveled cursed sword. This gives them the 3 hours of full buffs + time to run around and kill bosses, farm or kill players - - - the things the swords were designed for

TBH I'm tired of cursed weapon discussions at this point. IMHO, they were added to retail to offload some GMs work and ruin botters day. I'll adjust it a bit more.
Edit: It will be between 1 and 3 hours worth of time after leveling.

If I was a GM and wanted the cursed swords to kill AFK players I would make the following adjustments:

- Just drop it already leveled to 10, no point in wasting time leveling it

- Reduce the damage to mobs by 50% making it useless for leveling

- Make the cursed sword user in Stealth mode so mobs dont agro the user

- give the user some sort of reward for the 1st kill of any player who is actively xp'ing

When the swords lasted for days on L2Toggle, they would sit on the ground for hours and at times over a day because no one wanted them. Respectfully, you could just remove them from the server if there will only be 1-3 hours of use after leveling them. They do offer a bit of value, but not much on a 24/7 botting server and certainly not worth the effort of leveling them for 1-3 hours of use. The whole world turning red, ground shaking .... each time is very annoying as what used to be something exciting that caused many players to stop what they were doing instantly and run to get the swords now is a reminder to what this server lacks ... each and every time. My two cents, but I have heard the same feedback from 100% of players who have shared their thoughts on this subject. Things were fine .... until Ragnar had to say something. pk pk pk

Don't take my opinion for it. If players pick up and use the swords, I am wrong. If the entire server leaves the swords on the ground ... something that never once happened on official servers while I played ... clearly they do not have value. 

Edited by TrueLies
  • Like 1

• Toggle Staff
4 hours ago, TrueLies said:

<...> They do offer a bit of value, but not much on a 24/7 botting server <...>

IMHO this is what it boils down to. Also, I don't see how killing afk bots is fun for either side.

Maybe, instead of making it pure pk thing, we should think about making it pure PvE thing?

Listening to "100% of players" got us here. A lot of time spent discussing, some time spent for changes and testing, and at the end "it was better before any changes". I'm tired of this jumping around, everybody knows there are big issues with files that I'd rather work on instead. I'm leaving it to "1-3 hours" leveled, not because I believe it's the right answer, but because I don't want to spend more time on this. May I suggest creating a poll if you want it to be reset to official?

Thanks a lot for the feedback and ideas! I know it comes from a passion for the game and from the interest to make this server better.

• Like 1

• Editor
23 hours ago, Mantosh said:

I'm tired of this jumping around, everybody knows there are big issues with files that I'd rather work on instead. I'm leaving it to "1-3 hours" leveled, not because I believe it's the right answer, but because I don't want to spend more time on this.

+1.

I never thought the crused weapons made sense in a botting server, they were very much created IMO to kill bots.

Edited by Scrapyard
  • Thanks 1

"You have to make hay while you can make hay"

image.png.cfa8b9586085a098ff8bf7d3265d9a7e.png

• Editor
4 hours ago, Erebus said:

Best option is to remove them completely of game! Killing bots for free aint working for a botting server!

By letting people using them is like a "cosmic irony" in a botting server !!!

P.S. Don't start with the PVE boost to bla bla bla . . . that someone actual need it. Free full buff with unlimited clients and mana potions in H5 chronicle is the answer on PVE bla bla !!!

I second this suggestion. 

"You have to make hay while you can make hay"

image.png.cfa8b9586085a098ff8bf7d3265d9a7e.png

Good by me. Please create a poll:

1. Remove the cursed swords from the game

2. Restore the cursed swords to original settings

3. Leave as-is which means the sky will turn red, the ground will shake ...all for nothing because someone has to go get the swords, level them to 10 and then they will be used for 1-3 hours and disappear. 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:07 AM, Scrapyard said:

I second this suggestion. 

3rd, these do nothing but Piss people off.

Either A - you forget to tell your bot to not pick them up and.. yeah..

B - some jerkoff kills your party with it and does not do anything useful because he cannot teleport etc.

Edited by Jdub