Consistent CRASH report

TrueLies

I have a laptop with nothing no open programs other than the L2 client. There is not even a running bot, just L2. There are only 2 clients. 

I am able to log into the main char on an account but every time I try to CREATE a 2nd char on the account, it crashes. It happened 3x in a row. I have tried rebooting, drive cleanup, checking the page file (it is 2x the RAM), nothing works. Please advise what I can do to fix. 

2020.6.16 17:54:28
CPU : GenuineIntel        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz @ 2400 MHz 1023MB RAM
Video : NVIDIA NVS 4200M (6909)
PosCode : LS1(268) 0:0:0 8/0 [695]

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 186]

UPDATE 

- I can consistently log into the main character. The issue only occurs when I press the CREATE button. I crash instantly every time. 

- I was able to create a 2nd char on the account on another pc. For me, the issue is resolved but you may wish to investigate why it happened. 

- I tried another account on the laptop, the same issue occurred. Perhaps a corrupted L2 file which a fresh download would fix?

- The laptop was recently reset to a fresh Windows Pro 10 so the software should be rather clean. 

- L2 was only installed about ?10 days ago so it should be clean as well

An interesting quirk. When I create a new character on an account, it has always gone to the next slot. So if I have a lvl 50 character on an account and make a new char, the new char is in slot 2. 

In this instance, the new char went to slot 1 and bumped the existing char to slot 2. 

Just sharing in case it is helpful info. 

I

On 6/16/2020 at 6:07 PM, TrueLies said:

UPDATE 

- I can consistently log into the main character. The issue only occurs when I press the CREATE button. I crash instantly every time. 

- I was able to create a 2nd char on the account on another pc. For me, the issue is resolved but you may wish to investigate why it happened. 

- I tried another account on the laptop, the same issue occurred. Perhaps a corrupted L2 file which a fresh download would fix?

- The laptop was recently reset to a fresh Windows Pro 10 so the software should be rather clean. 

- L2 was only installed about ?10 days ago so it should be clean as well

Edited by Jdub
  • Haha 1